200 N. Orange Avenue
Sarasota, Florida 34236
For a Google map, click here.
Directions to St. Martha Catholic Church
From 1-75: New Exit # 210 (Old Exit # 39). Go west on Fruitville Road (CR 780) approximately 7 miles. Church is on the left at the Orange Ave. and Fruitville Road light.
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed from 12 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. for lunch)
9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (Closed June, July & August)
Holiday Schedule for 2015
(Office will be closed on dates below)
January 1 (Thursday) Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
January 2 (Friday) Day After Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
January 19 (Monday) Dr. Martin Luther King Birthday
February 16 (Monday) President’s Day
April 2 (Thursday) – Office will close at 1 p.m. for Holy Thursday
April 3 (Friday) Good Friday
May 25 (Monday) Memorial Day
July 3 (Friday) Eve of Independence Day
September 7 (Monday) Labor Day
October 12 (Monday) Columbus Day
November 26 (Thursday) Thanksgiving Day
November 27 (Friday) Day After Thanksgiving
December 24 (Thursday) Eve of Feast of Nativity of Our Lord
December 25 (Friday) Feast of Nativity of Our Lord
December 31 (Thursday) Eve of the Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
January 1, 2016 (Friday) Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
On Tuesday, December 8th (Immaculate Conception), Church Office will be closed from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. for Staff to attend Mass and have lunch.
Many times the deceased are forgotten not long after their demise. A Bequest in your will is one way of returning to God some of the good fortune of your lifetime and being remembered in our prayers. It is a continuing memorial to you. Keep St. Martha in mind, therefore, for a bequest when making your will. To make these arrangements, call Stewardship Office.
Elslander Memorial Garden
The Elslander Memorial Garden, located in our courtyard, is available to all registered parishioners who wish to have their ashes interred there. Call our Church office for more information.
Arrangements are made through your Funeral Director who will contact the Church Office or can be made by a family member.
There is no Catholic consecrated cemetery located in Sarasota or Manatee Counties. Burial places are blessed at the time of internments.
Church Funeral Mass (with body or ashes)
$250 for the Church
$150 for our organist
Church Memorial Mass
$150 for the Church
$150 for our organist
Funeral Service (at Funeral Chapel or Cemetery)
$100 for the Priest or Deacon
Elslander Memorial Garden (For Parishioners Only)
No Charge - Donation
There are two kinds available:
1. Announced Mass (persons name is announced at the Mass and is also placed in our bulletin). Cost is $10. A Mass card will be given for you to send to the family.
2. Perpetual Mass (persons name is sent to a Pallottine Mission and is said in perpetuity). Cost is $15. A Mass book will be given for you to send to the family.
If you are out-of-town or disabled and cannot physically come into the office:
1. You must send a letter to St. Martha Catholic Church, Attn: Mass Requests, 200 N. Orange Ave., Sarasota, FL 34236 with a check and we will book the first available mass.
2. The letter should include your name and address, name of the deceased for which the mass is being said, and at least three choices of when and what time you would like the mass for.
3. Also included in the letter should be the name and address of the relative/family so that we may sent them a Memoriam card or book.
Visiting St. Martha
The easiest way to illustrate many of the elements of Catholic identity is to visit the church. I highly recommend it. This gives an opportunity to understand the altar, the pulpit, the tabernacle, the Stations of the Cross and other points of interest. We see these things during Mass but often have no understanding of their meaning.
The practice of making visits to pray before the Blessed Sacrament and various shrine areas is also encouraged.